Terms and Conditions for use of Portfolio Analyser
The terms of the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council ("BBSRC") research and training grants places a responsibility on universities to provide information about researchers and their projects. BBSRC's facility for searching and analysing awards is provided to make this information accessible and understandable for a wide range of users to promote and facilitate collaboration, networking and engagement across the full breadth of BBSRC research. The facility meets BBSRC’s requirement to be transparent and accountable for its funding decisions by making information available to any interested user.
Application of Terms and Conditions
Use of the DATA
You are encouraged to use and re-use the DATA, subject to these Terms and Conditions. BBSRC would welcome notifications of any uses made of the DATA. BBSRC must be contacted regarding any plans involving the republishing of the DATA.
The DATA is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and by database rights. All such rights are reserved.
- export, extract, copy and store the DATA;
- adapt the DATA;
- publish, distribute and transmit the DATA; and
- subject to these Terms and Conditions, permit others do any of the foregoing in respect of DATA exported, extracted or copied by you.
In respect of all use of the DATA you must clearly acknowledge the source of the DATA and clearly include with any DATA or adaptation of the DATA that is stored, published, distributed or transmitted the following acknowledgement:
"Contains data obtained from the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC). The data is protected by copyright, database right and related rights, and all such rights are reserved by the BBSRC. Use of the data is subject to terms imposed by the BBSRC and available on the BBSRC website. The BBSRC has not endorsed or otherwise specifically approved this use of the BBSRC data".
In respect of all use of the DATA you must not:
- use the DATA in a way that suggests the BBSRC endorses you or your interpretation or use of the DATA;
- misrepresent the DATA or the BBSRC source;
- use the DATA in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended from time to time;
- use the DATA in or to support a criminal, illicit or unlawful activity;
- use the DATA in a manner that infringes the rights of, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any third party;
- use the DATA in a manner that may restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party; nor
- use the DATA to inflame or make comments that are racist, sexist or homophobic, or which promote or incite violence or illegal activity.
Accuracy and completeness of the DATA
If you have any concerns about the material that appears on our site, please contact email@example.com.