Data sharing policy
You may need to download additional plug-ins to open this file.
Our data sharing policy has been refreshed based on:
- Recommendation from our Data Sharing Policy Monitoring Group
- Consultation with our Tools and Resources Strategy Panel
- Consultation with our Integrative and Systems Biology Panel
- Rebranding of UKMPC to Europe PMC (December 2012)
- Change of terminology from 'data sharing statement' to 'data management plan'
- Reflect current process of recording research outputs via ResearchFish (March 2016)
- Remove reference to software outputs pending the development of separate guidance on sharing software (March 2016)
It now includes systems biology (specifically the models arising from systems approaches) as one of 3 areas where there is a particularly strong scientific case for sharing.
The frequently asked questions have been updated to reflect this amendment.
The requirement for a Data Management Plan for all research proposals submitted to BBSRC remains unchanged.
We have produced a short leaflet on the key principles of the policy. Hard copies are available from the contact below.