Evaluation of Science of Ageing (SAGE) and Experimental Research on Ageing (ERA) initiatives
You may need to download additional plug-ins to open this file.
A specialist review panel has carried out an independent scientific evaluation of our Science of Ageing (SAGE) and Experimental Research on Ageing (ERA) initiatives.
- To assess if the original objectives of the initiatives were met and if they contributed to the Government’s EQUAL initiative
- To identify any strengths, gaps and weaknesses in the research funded
- To review the quality of science and level of outputs of individual grants
- To consider the added value of funding this area of research as initiatives
- To advise on future action
The panel based their findings on:
- Principal investigators' final reports
- Responses to questionnaire surveys