Japan Partnering Award scheme evaluation
You may need to download additional plug-ins to open this file.
A review panel has provided an expert evaluation of the activities supported by the Japan Partnering Award (JPA) scheme since its inception in 2000.
- To assess the extent to which the original objectives of the JPA scheme were met:
- Foster long-term partnership links between UK and Japanese researchers
- Promote the exchange of scientists
- Promote access to Japanese facilities
- Access Japanese funding for UK scientists
- To assess the balance and coverage of the funded awards
- To identify ways to build on successes and address identified gaps and issues
The panel based their findings on:
- Results of questionnaire surveys of:
- Current and past award holders
- JPA scheme applicants
- Final reports from the completed grants