Biotechnology Young Entrepreneurs Scheme review
BBSRC commissioned an external review, conducted by DTZ, of the Biotechnology Young Entrepreneurs Scheme (YES) in 2010.
You may need to download additional plug-ins to open this file.
Now in its 15th year, Biotechnology YES is an annual business plan competition designed to raise awareness of commercialisation amongst bioscience postgraduate and postdoctoral researchers.
YES was developed and is delivered by a partnership between The University of Nottingham Institute of Enterprise and Innovation (UNIEI) and BBSRC.
- To assess how well Biotechnology YES is achieving its aims
- To better understand its outputs and outcomes
This involved the following:
- An assessment of the wider benefits and impact achieved by us including detailed analysis of the qualitative benefits including skills development and behavioural changes
- The value for money of YES and the return on investment realised by BBSRC (taking into account quantitative and qualitative benefits and impacts)
- Recommendations for the future delivery and direction of YES
- A critical assessment of whether YES remains fit for purpose