Engaging schools and young people
You may need to download additional plug-ins to open this file.
We support our researchers to carry out engagement activities with schools and young people.
This booklet has been designed to provide practical advice and tips for undertaking effective Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) engagement with young people, schools and educators.
- Why engage with young people?
- Who is your audience?
- What is your aim?
- How do you reach your audience?
- What support can you receive?
- Where and when?
- Organising an event for young people
- Organising a visit to a school
- Suitable activities
- Enriching the curriculum
- Health and Safety
- Working with children
- Best practice guidelines
- Top tips
- Further reading