School Regional Champions (SRC) support our funded researchers in the UK with public engagement activities for secondary schools and young people aged between 11–19.
SRC receive £800 annually for public engagement activities and can also apply for additional project funding and travel expenses to attend the annual meeting.
- To enable and encourage researchers to engage with young people
- To promote access to researchers by young people, teachers and education professionals
- To inspire and enthuse young people about bioscience research, its applications and the research funded by BBSRC
- To enable researchers to communicate their research and discuss it with a new audience
- To share activities and tools developed by individual champions