Crowd sourcing for the biological sciences
The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) has been invited to observe the call for proposals.
Number of projects funded
To develop and deploy crowd sourcing approaches to complex, large-scale scientific problems within the remit of the BBSRC and that have relevance to one or more of the BBSRC strategic priorities.
Applications should demonstrate:
- A large and complex problem that lends itself to a crowd sourced solution and that would be difficult to solve in other ways
- A strong scientific rationale for tackling the problem
- A strong rationale for adopting a crowd sourced approach when considered against other possible methodologies such as the use of supercomputing
- A problem that falls within our remit and that has relevance to one or more of our strategic research priorities
- A clear strategy for engaging and managing the 'crowd' whether human and/or computational.
Professor Darren Wilkinson - Newcastle University
Professor Charlie Hodgman - The University of Nottingham
Professor Davey Jones - Bangor University
Dr Eileen Wall - SRUC
Dr Erinma Ochu - The University of Manchester
Professor Fiona Tomley - Royal Veterinary College
Dr Gavin Thomas - University of York
Dr Jérôme Waldispühl - McGill University
Dr Julia Hubbard - GSK
Professor Rainer Breitling - The University of Manchester
Dr Mark Hedges - King's College London
Dr Will Spooner - Eagle Genomics
Related calls: data