Call status: Closed
Previous call: 12 September 2016 – 17 November 2016
- To stimulate joint working in topics important to BBSRC’s strategy
- To match numbers of scientists from the UK with other countries to identify areas of commonality and explore the potential for international collaboration
- To receive applications involving collaborations with any other country, although we are particularly interested in promoting further links with Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, EU Member States, India, Japan, New Zealand, Taiwan and the USA
- Around 8 awards each year, of approximately £10k each
- The workshop can be held overseas or in the UK
Your application could include:
- A review of the current status of research in a specific area from each country
- Identification of topics that could benefit from collaboration between the participants
- Identification of the means for subsequent development of such collaboration
- An agreed action plan for implementation
Stem Cell highlight
BBSRC welcomes applications from BBSRC grant holders in stem cell research for this 2016 International Workshop call. The aim of this highlight is for BBSRC to further its interactions with China.
The proposed workshop can be held in either the UK or China and the areas covered must be within BBSRC remit. Workshops involving National Science Foundation China (NSFC) researchers are particularly welcome.
Applications are reviewed internally by BBSRC against the following criteria:
- The value added to BBSRC science from the workshop
- Alignment of the workshop to current BBSRC strategic priorities
- The expected output of the workshop
- The level of contribution made towards the workshop from other sources
- Open to current BBSRC research grant holders and researchers employed at BBSRC sponsored institutes who are in receipt of BBSRC funding
- Consortia of academics may apply, with one person acting as the lead
How to apply
This call is closed to applications.
- Read the guidance and regulation notes (see application downloads below)
- Complete an online application through Je-S
Application downloads (for reference only)
You may need to download additional plug-ins to open this file.