Discipline hopping grants scheme
This scheme was administered by the MRC
- Medical Research Council (MRC)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) - when awards are within remit
- Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) - when awards are within remit
No. of projects funded
18 projects were funded from the 81 applications received (22%).
To provides short-term support to pump-prime new interdisciplinary research, with the aim of fostering longer-term collaborations between engineering and the physical and life sciences.
To encourage researchers to develop imaginative ways of using techniques or expertise from the physical sciences to tackle biological or medical related problems, and vice versa. The remit of the scheme is deliberately very broad and the emphasis is on the ‘hop’ itself.