Research and development on Campylobacter
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Food Standards Agency (FSA)
BBSRC funding total
We contributed just over £1.2M.
Number of projects funded
12 awards were made in total. Two awards were made by BBSRC. Six awards were made jointly by BBSRC and the FSA.
To reduce the levels of Campylobacter in the food chain and ultimately the incidence of Campylobacter infection in humans.
To help deliver several of the key priorities in the strategy, focussing on:
- Modelling approaches to increase understanding of the organism and the impact of interventions
- Practical, cost-effective control of Campylobacter