BBSRC is not responsible for the content of external websites
Promoting physical activity in older age
This call was issued under the auspices of the LLHW programme and led by the Medical Research Council on behalf of:
- Arts and Humanities Research Council
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
- Economic and Social Research Council
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- Chief Scientist Office of the Scottish Government Health and Social Care Directorates
- National Institute for Health Research
- Health and Social Care Research & Development Division
- Public Health Agency, Northern Ireland
- National Institute for Social Care and Health Research, Wales
Not yet awarded. Approximately £5.5M was available to support research arising from this call.
No. of projects funded
Not yet awarded.
To support interdisciplinary research into the physiological effects and behaviours associated with physical activity and sedentary behaviour in older adults, which will inform the future development of effective interventions to motivate and sustain activity in this target population.
tel: 01793 413352
fax: 01793 413234