Tree Health and Plant Biosecurity Initiative - Phase 1: Capacity and Consortium-Building Awards
A Living with Environmental Change (LWEC) initiative.
Phase 1 of THAPBI was funded by Defra. Capacity and Consortium-Building Awards were completed by March 2013.
Number of projects funded
Defra funded seven Capacity and Consortium-Building Awards.
To fund high quality multidisciplinary projects in the area of tree health and associated plant biosecurity issues.
- To generate natural and social scientific knowledge to inform the development of innovative ways of addressing current and emerging threats to trees and woodland ecosystems from pathogens and pests
- To support the future health and resilience of trees, woodlands and their associated ecosystems
- To facilitate collaboration between specialists in tree or forest research, and leading-edge scientists from the wider natural, biological, social, economic or other relevant research communities
- To encourage and make best use of interdisciplinary and systems approaches, and improve the impact and integration of social research and economics in this area
- Tree health and plant biosecurity collaborative research opportunity
- Bid to help save our trees from pests and diseases
- Tree Health and Plant Biosecurity Initiative - phase 2