Crop genomics and technologies
This scheme is administered by RCUK India and the UK Science and Innovation Network.
- India's Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
BBSRC and DBT have earmarked up to £5M each for this call. The grants are not yet awarded.
Number of projects funded
Not yet awarded.
This call seeks to build on the combined strengths of academic research groups within India and the UK to work together on collaborative multidisciplinary projects involving sequencing, genomics and bioinformatics for crop improvement.
There were two priority areas for this call:
- Next generation sequencing
- TILLING platform
- Genetic diversity resources
- High throughput chemical profiling
- Crop stress biology
- Resource use efficiency
- Product quality
- Plant architecture
- International call for crop improvement projects launched
- Farmed animal disease and health ( FADH)
- Sustainable bioenergy and biofuels (SuBB)