BBSRC is not responsible for the content of external websites
ERANET+ call on climate smart agriculture
Full call status (invite only): open
Full call application deadline: 1 April 2014, noon
All applicants have been informed about the results from the outline call.
Succesful pre-proposal applications have been inivited to submit a full proposal. UK-specific information will be sent to applicants by 23 January.
BBSRC is contribututing to a joint call for European research projects under the umbrella of the Joint Programming Initiative on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change (FACCE-JPI).
The indicative total available budget of the call amounts to €19M.
FACCE-JPI brings together 21 countries who are committed to building an integrated European Research Area addressing the interconnected challenges of sustainable agriculture, food security and impacts of climate change.
As an ERA-NET Plus action under the ERA-NET scheme of the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) of the European Commission, the partner organisations of 18 members has launched a call for proposals with top-up funding from the European Commission (EC top-up funding of €4M).
Climate smart agriculture has been defined as agriculture that sustainably increases productivity and resilience (adaptation), reduces greenhouse gases (mitigation), and enhances food security and development. The call addresses adaptation of European agriculture to climate change in its broad sense. Four areas are highlighted as key to advancing research in this area:
- Genetics and breeding of animals and plants to increase resilience to climate change
- Pests and diseases linked to climate and posing significant risks
- Adaptive management of water and soil resources
- Options for adapting agricultural systems
Projects could address these areas individually or in combination.
To support interdisciplinary research and innovative approaches on the adaptation of European agriculture to:
- incremental climate change and
- to increased climatic variability
The call invites proposals for collaborative research and development of transnational consortia of research organisations from at least 3 countries participating in the call.
Participation of private sector is welcome subject to national eligibility rules.
The duration of proposed projects may be up to 3 years.
National eligibility rules, including the potential eligibility of SMEs, must be followed and will be published together with the call text on www.faccejpi.com/FACCE-activities.
How to apply
Applications for this call follow a two-step process:
- Submission of pre-proposals occured online at www.submission-faccejpi.com is closed. UK applicants had to submit a Standard Proposal Costs Form (see in downloads above) via the consortium leader
- Submission of full proposals is open until 12:00 BST on 1 April, 2014. Submit your application via the online submission tool at: www.submission-faccejpi.com . No Je-S submission is needed at this stage.
Pre-proposals will be checked for national eligibility and evaluated for relevance to FACCE-JPI using the following criteria:
- Relevance of the project to FACCE-JPI objectives and its Strategic Research Agenda ( www.faccejpi.com/faccejpi/Strategic-Research-Agenda) (especially Core Theme 4)
- Relevance of the project to the aim and scope of this call
- The European added value of the proposed project
Successful consortia at pre-proposal stage will be invited to submit a full proposal which will be evaluated by independent experts against a range of criteria
- Scientific and/or technological excellence
- Quality of the transnational project
- Quality and efficiency of the implementation and the management
- Potential impact