BBSRC is not responsible for the content of external websites
Food security and living with environmental change
BBSRC and Scottish Government co-funding collaboration
The Scottish Government deadline: 27 March 2013
BBSRC deadline: 24 April 2013
BBSRC and the Scottish Government are collaborating to co-fund research into food security and living with environmental change.
It is open to Scottish Government research institutes who do not have Higher Education Institute (HEI) status, namely:
- The James Hutton Institute
- Moredun Research Institute
- Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland Research Institute (BioSS)
The fund promotes applications for research within 2 areas of our remit:
- Food security
- Living with environmental change
The aforementioned Scottish Government's research institutes can apply alone or collaborate with BBSRC institutes and the HEI sector to submit a joint application. It is only these research institutes that must follow this process.
Our standard research grant terms and conditions apply. The eligibility criteria are the same as those for BBSRC institute staff - see section 3 of the grants guide (see related links).
How to apply
- By 27 March 2013, Principal Investigators (PIs) must submit a project outline and total cost to the Scottish Government contact below.
- The Scottish Government will check your application falls within the Food Security or Living with Environmental Change programmes, and aligns with Scottish Government policies.
- The Scottish Government will notify PIs and BBSRC within 2 weeks of submission.
- Once you have the Scottish Government approval, submit your full application through our Joint Electronic Submissions (Je-S) system by our next 'responsive mode' deadline (24 April 2013).
Joint applications can be submitted to the Scottish Government as one project outline and total cost, but must then be submitted to the Je-S system on separate forms, and not combined.
You may apply to our New Investigator, Industrial Partnership Award and Strategic Longer and Larger Award (LoLa) schemes.
If applying for a LoLa you must submit your project outline and total cost to the Scottish Government at least 3 weeks before the next LoLa deadline (see related links for information on LoLas).
|Round||RESAS project outline deadline||BBSRC responsive mode deadline|
|Autumn 2012||29 August 2012||26 September 2012|
|Spring 2013||7 December 2012||9 January 2013|
|Summer 2013||27 March 2013||24 April 2013|
Please note we will not accept applications without the Scottish Government approval.
Applications will be assessed in the normal way: our Research Committees will assess and rank-order all applications.