Impact Acceleration Accounts (IAAs) Pilot
We launched our first small scale pilot in January 2015 to support knowledge exchange (KE) activities through Impact Acceleration Accounts (IAAs).
The pilot accounts will accelerate the delivery of benefit from our investments in excellent bioscience to society and the economy, enabling research organisations to provide funding for KE activities in ways that best suit their institutional strategies and opportunities.
Funds are awarded via a competitive process, where research organisations are invited to apply based on the level of their recent BBSRC research funding.
Funding is complementary to other routes of support, such as Pathways to Impact and Follow-on Funding, through which, opportunities for KE and impact from our research can be realised.
IAA funding will be used flexibly and rapidly to support the following key areas:
- strengthen user engagement
- strengthen the exchange of knowledge through culture and capability development, including through the development of skills for KE activity
- knowledge exchange and commercialisation at early stages of progressing research outputs and outcomes to the point when they would be supported by other funding
- new, innovative and imaginative approaches to KE and impact, including processes that enable "fast failure" and appropriate learning
- activities that enable impact to be achieved in an effective and timely manner, including secondments and people exchange
The following 15 organisations have been successful in attaining an IAA pilot award valued at £100k for one year, commencing 1 July 2015.
Partners interested in accessing and developing opportunities available through IAAs should approach the organisations listed below directly.