- Head of News
Rob Dawson, +44 (0)1793 413204, +44 (0)7557 487865, email@example.com
- Media Officer
Chris Melvin, +44 (0)1793 414694, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media Officer
Anisha Chandar, +44 (0)1793 442810, email@example.com
- General enquiries
The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) invests in world-class bioscience research and training on behalf of the UK public. Our aim is to further scientific knowledge, to promote economic growth, wealth and job creation and to improve quality of life in the UK and beyond.
Funded by Government, and with an annual budget of around £467M (2012-2013), we support research and training in universities and strategically funded institutes. BBSRC research, and the people we fund, are helping society to meet major challenges, such as food security, green energy and industries, and living healthier, longer lives. Our investments underpin important UK economic sectors, such as farming, food, industrial biotechnology and pharmaceuticals.
The BBSRC Media Office communicates and promotes the work of BBSRC and the world-class bioscience that we fund. The Media Office issues press releases and statements, answers media enquiries, provides expert contacts across UK bioscience, finds and supplies image and video, holds media briefings, publishes news articles and arranges interviews with researchers.
Latest press releases
- New veterinary vaccinology network will help tackle threat of animal diseases, including those spreading to humans
- Minister opens landmark new Centrum building at Norwich Research Park
- Researchers develop new, powerful single-cell technique to study environmental effects on DNA
- £7M for new approaches to tackling bovine tuberculosis
- Anniversary Awards: Final chance to apply