The event is from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Open public discussion about who is responsible for reducing food waste and the roles that governments, industry and consumers should play.
The global population is growing and already nearly one billion people go to bed hungry. Yet we throw away more than 7 million tonnes of food and drink every year from our homes, some retailers encourage bulk purchasing and there are regular media reports of farmers discarding harvests.
Topics for discussion:
- Who is responsible for our food waste?
- What role should governments, industry and consumers play?
Join experts to discuss these issues and to have your say. The evening will be a mix of panel and small group discussion.
- Professor Tim Benton, Global Food Security Champion
- Dr Julian Parfitt, Principal Resource Analyst, Oakdene Hollins
- Andy Dawe, Head of Programme for Food and Drink, WRAP
How to attend
Login or register at: Society of Biology: login page.
This is a Global Food Security (GFS) and Society of Biology event. BBSRC is a partner in GFS.