This conference was conceived to showcase the excellence of UK bioenergy research in an international context – building on the achievements of the BBSRC Sustainable Bioenergy Centre, the EPSRC SUPERGEN Bioenergy programme, work at the ETI and other individual research programmes. These programmes are achieving an international profile and making a significant contribution to the global energy debate.
- To bring together world-class researchers in bioenergy, including academia, policy makers, industrialists and other related stakeholders
The conference will include high profile plenary keynote speakers, subject-specific break-out sessions, workshops and poster presentations that will cover:
- biomass feedstocks for renewable energy generation
- biochemical and thermochemical conversion technologies, including biorefining
- sustainability: environmental, social, economic
- whole-systems modelling and analysis
- added value through alternative applications for biomass feedstocks
- industrial implementation and scale-up
- policy implications and needs
For more information, visit: www.bioenergy2014.co.uk
Keynote speakers include:
- Adam Brown - International Energy Agency
- Brian Davison - Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- Andrew Haslett - Energy Technologies Institute
- Carlos Henrique de Brito Cruz - Director of Science, FAPESP, Brazil
Alongside speakers from India, Canada, the Netherlands, USA, Denmark.
Registration for this event has now closed.
You may need to download additional plug-ins to open this file.
The conference is being led by BBSRC, supported by EPSRC, ESRC, NERC, STFC and the Technology Strategy Board.