BBSRC is sponsoring and exhibiting at this event.
The Exeter Initiative for Science and Technology (ExIST) 2014 conference aims to develop understanding and awareness of the ways in which science and technology is being applied to address the UK's food security and production issues, with particular reference to the roles played by organisations based in Exeter and the South West.
- Chairman's introduction – John Lee, OBE
- Professor Michael Winter, Director of the Centre for Rural Policy Research, University of Exeter
- Professor Sarah Gurr, Chair in Food Security, Food Security and Research Land Alliance, Universities of Exeter, Bristol, Bath and Cardiff and with Rothamsted
- Dr Tim Fox, IMechE (Institution of Mechanical Engineers)
- Dr Pete Falloon, Manager Climate Impacts Modelling, The Met Office
- Professor John Bryant, Emeritus, University of Exeter
- Professor Toby Mottram, Royal Agricultural University, Founder & Chief Engineer at eCow
- Dr Mike Bushell, Principal Scientific Advisor, Syngenta
- Ms Mary Quicke MBE, Quicke Traditional
- Mark Shepherd, Waitrose
How to register
Tickets cost from £48. Call the Exeter Chamber on +44 (0)1392 431133 or order online via the ExIST website.