Unlocking Aquaculture Innovation through Collaboration
BBSRC and NERC invite you to a workshop for the UK aquaculture research and industry communities.
This event will bring grant holders from the recent Sustainable Aquaculture and Global Research Partnership Aquaculture calls together with other UK aquaculture researchers and representatives from industry to network and discuss on-going research and challenges facing the sector. There will also be an opportunity to hear about a new joint BBSRC and NERC Sustainable Aquaculture Initiative, which will invest in collaborative, pre-competitive, industrially relevant research.
The primary objective of this event is to build relationships between different parts of the growing aquaculture research community. We aim to encourage collaboration and networking in order to add value to recent investment and prepare for the upcoming joint BBSRC and NERC Sustainable Aquaculture Initiative.
The day will be a combination of presentations, flash presentations and networking.
- 09:45 Arrival and registration. Tea and coffee will be available
- 10:30 Chair’s introduction
- 10:45 Introduction from the Research Councils
- 11:00 Kenny Black, SAMS: TBC
- 11:25 Flash presentations from grant holders
- 12:15 Lunch and networking
- 13:15 Jodie Mitchell (NERC) and Charis Cook (BBSRC):
Introduction to the joint BBSRC and NERC Sustainable Aquaculture Initiative
- 13:45 Charlotte Maddocks, Tesco: TBC
- 14:15 Flash presentations from industry
- 14:45 Networking and meetings. Tea and coffee will be available
- 16:00 Meeting close
How to register
To register your interest, please email Charis Cook or Lydia Darragh (see contacts below).