BBSRC is not responsible for the content of external websites
BBSRC researchers elected Fellows of the Royal Society
20 May 2011
We would like to congratulate the 12 members of the BBSRC community who have been elected Fellows of the Royal Society.
Professor Douglas Kell, Chief Executive, BBSRC said "This is a wonderful acknowledgement of the world-class research carried out by these scientists; they have been elected to join the ranks of some of the world's most eminent researchers.
"We are obviously delighted that over a quarter of this year's Fellows have at some point received BBSRC funds to support their research. We aim to fund excellent research and it is clear that in these cases the work has proven to be world-class."
Of the 44 Royal Society Fellows elected, the following 12 are, or have been funded by BBSRC:
- Professor Hagan Bayley, University of Oxford
- Professor Doreen Cantrell, University of Dundee
- Professor Alun Davies, Cardiff University
- Professor Nicolas Franks, Imperial College London
- Professor Janet Hemingway, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Professor Alejandro Kacelnik, University of Oxford
- Professor Thomas McLeish, Durham University
- Professor Mervyn Miles, University of Bristol
- Professor Mark Pagel, University of Reading
- Professor Fiona Powrie, University of Oxford
- Dr Len Stephens, The Babraham Institute (external link)
- Professor Simon Tavaré, University of Cambridge
BBSRC Media Office
tel: 01793 414694
fax: 01793 413382