New Year's Honours 2014
BBSRC's former Chief Executive, a BBSRC council member and current and former BBSRC grant holders are among those recognised in the New Year's Honours list 2014.
The New Year's Honours recognise individuals for their service to the United Kingdom.
Professor Douglas Kell, who left BBSRC in October after five years as Chief Executive, received a CBE for services to science and research. Council member Professor Carole Goble, from The University of Manchester, also received a CBE, for services to science.
Former BBSRC Director of Science and Technology Professor Nigel Brown received an OBE. Professor Brown was a Director at BBSRC from 2004-2008.
The full list of New Year's Honours recipients connected to BBSRC is:
- Professor Adrian Bird - University of Edinburgh, former BBSRC grant holder
Commanders of the Order of the British Empire
- Professor Carole Goble - The University of Manchester, BBSRC Council member
- Professor Douglas Kell - The University of Manchester, former BBSRC Chief Executive
- Professor Marian Dawkins - University of Oxford, BBSRC grant holder
- Professor Doreen Cantrell - University of Dundee, former BBSRC grant holder
Officers of the Order of the British Empire
- Professor Nigel Brown - The University of Edinburgh (retired) and President, Society for General Microbiology.
Former BBSRC Director of Science and Technology and current Chair of The Board of Trustees at The Genome Analysis Centre (TGAC), a BBSRC-strategically funded institute.
Members of the Order of the British Empire
- Professor Peter Lansley - University of Reading (retired), co-Chair of the BBSRC/EPSRC Strategic Promotion of Ageing Research Capacity programme 2005-2008
BBSRC would also like to congratulate Iain Gray, Chief Executive of the Technology Strategy Board, who received a CBE in the New Year’s Honours list 2014.
Tags: The University of Edinburgh The Genome Analysis Centre (TGAC) University of Oxford people news