Darwin Today factsheets
To mark the 200th anniversary of Darwin's birth and 150 years since the publication of On the Origin of Spieces, these resources illustrate the continuing importance of the theory of evolution by natural selection in contemporary research.
- Charles Darwin - still changing the way we think about our world: Factsheet (PDF 247KB)
- Darwin, biodiversity and a changing world: Factsheet (PDF 239KB)
- Darwin's theory - no stranger to controversy: Factsheet (PDF 277KB)
- Does evolution put us in our place? Factsheet (PDF 193KB)
- Putting evolution to work: Factsheet (PDF 207KB)
Questioning evolution, evolving answers
This factsheet explains how evolution makes the most of simple systems to produce the huge diversity of plants in nature, and how scientist are using their understanding of these systems to improve our food.
Tristan Maclean, Inspiring Young Scientists Co-ordinator, Norwich Research Park
tel: 01603 450970