Industrial training strategic framework
We recognise the on-going need for the people we support to have the skills and understanding to contribute to research and development within an industrial context, in support of UK economic growth.
You may need to download additional plug-ins to open this file.
This framework describes what industrial training means to us and recognises the importance of working closely with industry in order to achieve impact. It defines the principles which underpin our current and future investment strategies, ensuring that support can be targeted effectively at all career levels.
- Industrial training should encourage and drive culture change in industry and academia through trained people
- Industrial training should complement other forms of training that we support
- Industrial training should recognise the value of interventions at all career stages
- Industrial training should be responsive to the needs of different-sized companies and industrial sectors, as well as to the needs of individuals at different career stages
- Industrial training should be delivered through multi-lateral partnerships with academia and industry
- Our approach to industrial training should recognise the importance of ensuring communication with key stakeholders for maximum dissemination
- The outcomes and impacts arising from industrial training should be captured in order to inform good practice.