Responsive mode application deadlines
You can submit research grant applications at any time for consideration by one of our Research Committees under our responsive mode scheme, on any topic within our portfolio.
Funding available for specific initiatives can be found on our All calls page.
Call status: Open
Application deadline: 4 October 2017, 16:00
Your application must:
- Be completed using the Joint Electronic Submission system (Je-S) by selecting:
- Council: BBSRC
- Doc Type: Standard Proposal
- Scheme: Responsive Mode
- Call/Type/Mode: 2017 Responsive Mode – 4 October 2017, 16:00.
- Be submitted before 16:00 on the day of the application deadline. No extensions to deadlines will be accepted. We recommend you submit well in advance of the application deadline
- Nominate a Research Committee to review the application. Our scientifically-qualified staff will perform a remit check and make a final decision on which Committee will peer review the application. This decision is final and you will be informed once funding decisions have been finalised.
Application deadlines and Research Committee meeting dates
|Round||Application deadline||Research Committee meetings (assessment of applications)||Research Committee Chairs meetings|
|17RM1||24 January 2017, 16:00||16-17 May 2017||9 June 2017|
|17RM2||27 April 2017, 16:00||19-20 September 2017||TBC|
|17RM3||4 October 2017, 16:00||13-14 February 2018||TBC|
Note for applicants: Please do not contact us after the Research Committee meeting about the success of your application. We operate a strict policy not to provide this information prior to a final funding decision made by the Research Committee Chairs, who meet approximately one month after the last Research Committee meeting.
You will be formally contacted, shortly following the Research Committee Chairs meeting, by the office regarding the outcome of your application once the final funding decision has been confirmed.
Related calls: responsive mode