Responsive mode application deadlines
You can submit research grant applications at any time for consideration by one of our Research Committees under our responsive mode scheme, on any topic within our portfolio.
Funding available for specific initiatives can be found on our All calls page.
Call status: Open
Application deadline: 11 May 2016, 4pm
Your application must:
- Be completed using the Joint Electronic Submission system (Je-S) by selecting:
- Council: BBSRC
- Doc Type: Standard Proposal
- Scheme: Responsive Mode
- Call/Type/Mode: 2016 Responsive Mode – 11 May 2016, 4pm
- Be submitted before 4pm on the day of the application deadline. No extensions to deadlines will be accepted. We recommend you submit well in advance of the application deadline
- Nominate a Research Committee to review the application. Our scientifically-qualified staff will perform a remit check and make a final decision on which Committee will peer review the application. This decision is final and you will be informed once funding decisions have been finalised
Application deadlines and Research Committee meeting dates
|Round||Application deadline||Research Committee meetings (assessment of applications)||Research Committee Chairs meetings|
|15RM3||23 September 2015, 4pm||2-3 February 2016||4 March 2016|
|16RM1||13 January 2016, 4pm||11-12 May 2016||16 June 2016|
|16RM2||11 May 2016, 4pm||22-23 September 2016||TBC|
|16RM3||21 September 2016, 4pm||7-8 February 2017||TBC|
Note for applicants: Please do not contact us after the Research Committee meeting about the success of your application. We operate a strict policy not to provide this information prior to a final funding decision made by the Research Committee Chairs, who meet approximately one month after the last Research Committee meeting.
You will be formally contacted, shortly following the Research Committee Chairs meeting, by the office regarding the outcome of your application once the final funding decision has been confirmed.
Related calls: responsive mode