Data exploration – creating new insight and value
Call status: Closed
Previous call: 7 January 2014 – 6 March 2014
BBSRC funding total
Number of projects funded
One co-funded project (22 projects funded by whole competition).
Project title: Crowd-sourced prediction of plant pest and disease occurrence using mobile apps.
This competition focuses on innovations in the data exploration techniques of analytics, modelling and visualisation to generate new insight and value from large amounts of complex data.
The scope of aims included:
- designing data exploration tools for non-ICT specialists across different sectors
- exploring various types of data across application areas or sectors
- enabling collaborative exploration of data by two or more experts simultaneously
- reducing the cost of high-fidelity visualisation of data
- identifying exceptions, deviations or unusual occurrences in behavioural data
- providing tools that enable intelligent, predictive modelling capabilities, including the integration and analysis of heterogeneous data types more immersive interaction with data using appropriate interfaces (for example touch, speech, gesture, emotion-sensing)