ERA-Net Industrial Biotechnology
Number of projects funded
9 (2 others co-funded with TSB).Awarded grants (XLSX 12KB)
You may need to download additional plug-ins to open this file.
This was the third call within ERA-Net Industrial Biotechnology (ERA-IB) available to excellent innovative industrially relevant R&D and applied research projects.
Proposals were asked to cover one or more of the following topics:
- Improved enzyme systems for new and more efficient bioprocesses
- Improvement of microorganisms by metabolic engineering and synthetic and systems biology approaches
- Innovative down-stream processing
- Innovative fermentation and bio-catalytic processes, e.g. for platform chemicals, including bio-monomers, oligomers and polymers
- Biological processing (including separation and conversion) of biomass, including from side streams, and other renewable carbon sources into value added products
- New valuable products by plant and animal cell cultures
Under this call, research on food, food ingredients, animal feed and work of direct medical relevance was excluded. Research covering the development of generic methods for the production of high value chemicals such as pharmaceutical precursor molecules, antibiotics and recombinant biologics was within the scope of the call.