Our Media Office communicates and promotes the work of BBSRC and the world-class bioscience that we fund.
The Media Office issues press releases and statements, answers media enquiries, provides expert contacts across UK bioscience, finds and supplies image and video, holds media briefings, publishes news articles and arranges interviews with researchers.
- Head of External Communications: Jools Granville, +44 1793 442124, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media Officer: Anisha Chandar, +44 1793 412810, email@example.com
- Media Officer: Kristin Shives, +44 1793 442884, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Digital Content Producer: Arran Frood, +44 1793 413329, email@example.com
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
BBSRC invests in world-class bioscience research and training on behalf of the UK public. Our aim is to further scientific knowledge, to promote economic growth, wealth and job creation and to improve quality of life in the UK and beyond.
Funded by Government, BBSRC invested £473M in world-class bioscience, people and research infrastructure in 2015-16. We support research and training in universities and strategically funded institutes. BBSRC research and the people we fund are helping society to meet major challenges, including food security, green energy and healthier, longer lives. Our investments underpin important UK economic sectors, such as farming, food, industrial biotechnology and pharmaceuticals.