You may need to download additional plug-ins to open
BBSRC is not responsible for the content of external websites
Equality and diversity
We are committed to creating a culture that values dignity at work, mutual respect and inclusivity, where diversity is embedded in all business activities, unlawful discrimination is eliminated and individuals can achieve their potential.
We aim to:
- attract and retain high quality staff
- increase the representation of those from minority groups throughout our organisation
Strategy, equality scheme, action plan and annual report
- Diversity strategy 2013-2014 (PDF 239KB)
- Equality duty action plan 2013-2014 (PDF 37KB)
- Annual equality and diversity report 2012-2013 (PDF 422KB)
- Undertaking equality impact assessments (PDF 238KB)
- Equality impact assessments - process model (PDF 126KB)
- Equal opportunities monitoring of code of practice (PDF 41KB)
Working with other organisations
Following our work with UK Resource Centre for women in science, engineering and technology 2 case studies can be found in the external links section.
Equality and diversity data (as 1 April 2013)
On 1 April 2013, 1,694 staff were employed in institutes funded by BBSRC and in the BBSRC Office, compared to 1,736 on 1 April 2012. Of the 1,694 staff:
- 1,390 were in BBSRC-funded institutes
- 304 were in BBSRC Office (which includes staff in Joint Service Units which BBSRC hosts on behalf of all of the Research Councils)
As at 1 April 2013, 724 staff were in the science category, which represents 43% of all staff. Women occupied 26% of senior posts in BBSRC (pay band PC1-F), showing no change from 2011-12.
See also data contained in our publication scheme (see related links).
People & Development