Evaluation of Science of Ageing (SAGE) and Experimental Research on Ageing (ERA) initiatives
Evaluation of Science of Ageing (SAGE) and Experimental Research on Ageing (ERA) initiatives (PDF 100KB)
You may need to download additional plug-ins to open this file.
A specialist review panel has carried out an independent scientific evaluation of our Science of Ageing (SAGE) and Experimental Research on Ageing (ERA) initiatives.
- To assess if the original objectives of the initiatives were met and if they contributed to the Government’s EQUAL initiative
- To identify any strengths, gaps and weaknesses in the research funded
- To review the quality of science and level of outputs of individual grants
- To consider the added value of funding this area of research as initiatives
- To advise on future action
The panel based their findings on:
- Principal investigators' final reports
- Responses to questionnaire surveys