Research Equipment Initiative evaluation
You may need to download additional plug-ins to open this file.
A specialist review panel has conducted an independent evaluation of the Research Equipment Initiative (REI).
- To assess the effectiveness of the REI in enabling high-quality research within the BBSRC remit
- To assess the effectiveness of the REI in promoting the sharing of equipment and partnerships between departments, institutions and external sponsors of research
- To assess the quality of the outputs and outcomes of research which was facilitated by REI equipment
- To examine the approaches used by institutions to operate, maintain and acquire mid-range equipment
- To examine the effectiveness of responsive mode funding for providing mid-range equipment
- To identify ways to build on successes and address identified gaps and issues
The panel based their findings on:
- Results of questionnaire surveys from a sample of former REI grant holders
- Information from BBSRC databases