Secondary (ages 14-16) resources - Key Stage 4
Note: some of these resources are suitable for additional age groups, indicated in brackets.
Publications and web-based activities
- A-maiz-ing - (ages 11-14)
- Clippy Island - investigation into natural selection - (ages 11-14)
- How the mushroom got its spots - (ages 11-14)
- Science through seeds - (ages 12-16)
- Extinct - plant survival game
- DNA in the garden (Secondary) - (ages 8 - post-16)
- Darwin Today factsheets - (ages 14 - post-16)
- Darwin Today discussion topics - (ages 14 - post-16)
- Deadinburgh biomaths - (ages 14-16)
- Wheat evolution - (ages 6 - post-16)
- Stem cells - science and ethics - (ages 15 - post-16)
- Heart surgery and dissection - (ages 11 – 18)
- Vision of the future - (ages 11 – 18)
External resources developed with support from BBSRC
- All about the wheat
- Jelly vision
- Taste and flavour
- You choose the news!
- Encouraging scientific debate
- Touchy feely fungi
- Ladybird, ladybird: unravelling the story of an alien invader
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth: the first 23 cm
- Genetic insect population control
- Where is that nightjar?
In addition to these targeted resources for schools, teachers and students may be interested in many of our topic-based and corporate publications and public exhibitions.
Tristan Maclean, Inspiring Young Scientists Co-ordinator, Norwich Research Park
tel: 01603 450970